Back Pain Treatment in Vaughan, ON
Back pain is an unfortunate fact of life for a great number of people. Just about every adult will suffer from back pain at some point in their life, whether it’s upper, middle or lower back pain. It is the second most common reason for doctor’s office visits after upper respiratory infections.
Count on Your Chiropractor in Vaughan ON for Effective Chiropractic Solutions to Back Pain
Fortunately, your chiropractor in Vaughan ON has a range of chiropractic solutions to assist you in getting efficient pain relief and deep healing. Both acute and chronic back pain can be treated with chiropractic care, and your Vaughan ON chiropractor is highly experienced in finding safe, effective and non-invasive solutions for all issues of the back, neck, and spine.
Back pain can be either acute due to a sudden injury or chronic due to overuse, repetitive use or poor form. Chiropractic care can assist in both situations. Some of the top causes of back pain include:
- Sports injury
- Active lifestyle
- Work injury
- Poor form of physical activity
- Bad ergonomics
- Auto accident
- Degenerative disc disease
Any of these causes can lead to an injury of the back such as a bulging disc or ruptured disc. It can also lead to a spinal subluxation or misalignment. In addition to damaging the tissues and affecting the structures of the back, these issues can also put pressure on the spinal cord. This can then lead to nerve irritation, which is often the source of back pain. Since each and every vertebra is cushioned by a spinal disc, these types of injuries are possible in the lower, middle and upper back.
Common Back Pain Causes
Other types of specific back injuries and conditions include:
- Back joint dysfunction (of the facet or sacroiliac joint)
- Spinal stenosis - A narrowing of the spinal canal that affects the nerve roots and causes pain.
- Spondylolisthesis - This refers to vertebrae slippage over the adjacent vertebrae. This condition can be either mechanical or degenerative.
- Osteoarthritis - Arthritic wear and tear of the back joints and discs leading to inflammation, pain, instability, and stenosis.
- Fracture - Compression fractures or fractures in the vertebrae are another possible cause of back pain. These often occur as the result of a trauma such as an auto accident.
Less common back pain causes include:
- Spinal infection (osteomyelitis)
- Back or spine tumor
- An autoimmune disease
Chiropractic Care Techniques
Chiropractic care addresses issues of the musculoskeletal system as well as the nervous system. It can be highly effective in treating back pain that is a result of injuries or related disorders. Chiropractic care offers a safe, hands-on, non-invasive and drug-free approach to treating back pain.
Your Vaughan ON chiropractor Synergy Rehab & Physiotherapy is highly experienced in a range of chiropractic interventions for back pain, including. The crux of these treatments is spinal manipulation and spinal adjustment.
These techniques can be combined with:
- Rehabilitative exercises
- Lifestyle and ergonomics advice
- Nutritional counseling
- Massage therapy
- Alternative healing modalities
Make an Appointment With Your Vaughan Chiropractor Today!
If you are suffering from acute or chronic back pain, don’t wait another day. Contact your Vaughan ON chiropractor Synergy Rehab & Physiotherapy for an appointment.