Discussing Work Injury FAQs With Synergy Rehab & Physiotherapy In Vaughan, ON
At Synergy Rehab and Physiotherapy, our Vaughan chiropractor and the rest of ourteam (including massage therapists, physiotherapists, and kinesiologists) educate our patients quite frequently on the etiology and treatment of work injury. Some of the most frequently asked questions are discussed below.
What Are Common Types of Work Injury?
Commonly seen work injuries include:
- Tech neck: this is a temporary syndrome of neck pain and other symptoms that if not corrected may increase chronic tension and tissue damage in the cervical spine
- Whiplash: neck pain and stiffness, headaches, jaw pain, and/or shoulder pain caused by forceful "snapping" of the head and neck
- Rotator cuff strain: microscopic tears in the muscle fibers around your shoulder can cause tenderness, achiness, and weakness
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: compression of the median nerve in the wrist can lead to numbness in the first few fingers (you may try to "shake out" your hand to temporarily relieve symptoms)
- Back pain: a sore back can be caused by muscle strains, joint misalignments, or a disc injury (bulge or herniation)
- Sciatica: compression of the sciatic nerve in the lumbar spine can cause buttocks and leg pain, numbness, and weakness
- Plantar fasciitis: inflammation of the thick band of tissue under your foot can cause sharp heel pain
How Does A Work Injury Occur?
A work injury can occur acutely, due to a sudden fall, slip, auto accident, or heavy lifting accident. Likewise, a work injury could develop due to the cumulative effects of repetitive strain, especially if you have poor posture, poor ergonomics, repetitive movement, and poor body mechanics.
How Can a Chiropractor in Vaughan Alleviate My Work Injury?
Our chiropractor in Vaughan, as well as the rest of our team, can provide several drug-free services for your work injury:
- Chiropractic adjustments gently guide your spinal joints back into place, reducing pain and protective muscle spasms; adjustments also trigger natural pain relief in the whole body by "resetting" the nervous system
- Acupuncture alleviates tension in trigger points within the fascia and other connective tissues
- Physiotherapy introduces you to exercises to help you heal tissues and maximize your core stability for better spinal alignment in a variety of postures
These aren't all—check out our entire list of services which can be custom-tailored to you!
Is Your Work Injury Disrupting Your Productivity? Then schedule an Appointment at Synergy Rehab and Physiotherapy in Vaughan, ON Today!
Get in touch with us! Our number is (905) 856-4174. We're happy to help you get to the bottom of your work injury so that you can get back to building your career and contributing to this community in the way you love!